Thursday 12 June 2008

P4 create and review three original graphic images to meet a defined user need

EnCert (P4)

My job was to design a logo for an energy company called EnCert. They provide energy certificates to homeowners and required the logo to be used for their new website and on the letterheads. It needed to look professional and also associated with the company. The colours I have chosen are contrasting, so it is easy to see and it stands out. I have used a black background because it is simple and light luminous colours stand out on them, a simple image of a red flame, red, green and white font. The type of font I have chosen is easy to read and it is a professional font so you can tell the logo belongs to a formal organisation. The Encert name is in two colours – white and green, the white looks best on the flame, and the green stands out and also represents energy, it is also written in large writing because this is the most important thing in the logo is the name. The tagline is written in small and red slightly overlapping the name to create effect and it makes the logo look tidier, both fonts are the same so the writing doesn’t look messy. Overall, I think the logo meets the requirements because it has an essence of energy from the flame image and also an environmental aspect from the green font.


How I created my logo:

1. Set up a blank sheet on Photoshop, set the background colour to black
2. Got an image off Google, which was the picture of the flame
3. The flame image had a white background so I used the magic wand tool to delete unwanted background
4. I inserted my text for the company name, selected font, colours and size and positioned it where I wanted it.



Microsoft (P4)

Microsoft wanted a graphics designer to create a logo which will be on display at Birmingham NEC to advertise it's new operating system. The logo will need to be printed onto a large piece of card that stands up. The logo I was to design needed to be linked with previous Microsoft logos and colours so it will not be a completely different design to what Microsoft will expect. I wanted the logo to stand out, but I also wanted to keep images and colours to a limit so it looks professional and part of a world wide business which it is. The background I have used on my logo, is actually a desktop wallpaper of the new operating system Windows Vista, so this is connected and an actual design. I have used the original Microsoft font for the title, it is large and positionted at the top of the logo, and I have changed it's colour from white to a vibrant blue. The tagline of Microsoft, I have used a different white font which looks professional, and this is in the centre of my logo. Then the Windows Vista logo in a bubble is at the bottom and I have enlarged it. Note the size of the image and the dimensions are because it will be printed on card in a stand. Overall, I think it would fit the requirements, but if it was advertise the operating system, more details would need to be on it.

How I created my logo:

1. Set up a blank page in Photoshop and got images off Google
2. Set the background image to fit the page
3. Got the Microsoft title and put it into my logo, used the magic wand tool to get rid of the white background colour, resized the font, and filled each letter to a blue colour
4. Got my final image of the Windows Vista logo, used the magic wand tool to get rid of excess white background, then I positioned the logo in a suitable place


Burger Factory (P4)


Burger Factory requires a graphics designer to create a logo suitable for car drivers to be seen on the road. I need it to stand out by using vibrant colours so passing drivers can see the logo. Burger Factory is a fast food service which cooks and sells organic food. The logo would be a road side sign. I have used Photoshop to create this logo and I got all my images off Google, I wanted to make the colour scheme vibrant to meet the requirements, but I also wanted to use pastel colours to convey the organic food they sell.
The target audience wasn't particular, it would be for all drivers and passengers, so I have included a smiley face to capture children's attention. The colour for the background I have used is a mixture of greens to make it look better than just one solid colour green. I have made the image of the burger large so the people who see the sign know it's a place which sells burgers. The text I have written is it red and white and an easy to read font. I have overlapped the writing to make it stand out. I have got an image of a leaf to represent organic grown food.
How I created my road sign:
1. Set up a blank page which was a rectangle like it would be a road sign
2. Got a background gradient of green and fit it to the page
3. Got images off Google and used the magic wand tool to get rid of any excess background colour
4. Typed in the text for the Burger Factory, resized it and made the colours look contrasting, then finally I positioned everything in the place which looked best.

No comments: