Thursday 12 June 2008

M2 advanced techniques in Photoshop

Two advanced techniques in Photoshop (M2)

Adjusting The Colours In Photoshop

I got an image of the sky and wanted to change the way it looks because if it was used on a poster or some sort of advertisement, the colours do not attract attention. Here is the original image of the sky I am going to edit it using a number of techniques and tools in Photoshop.

The first tool I am going to use is colour variations. It allows you to change the colours on images by increasing the intensity, if i was to increase the intensity bar even more, the sky would be able to change to other colours such as greens, purples etc. I want to increase the blue to make it more vibrant, so it has been darkened on the midtones selection.


I used a brightness and contrast tool called levels. It allowed me to get rid of the faded out washed look, so the colour is more vivid and eye catching. Photoshop as a graph like tool where it shows it intensity of the colours, I have moved the arrows across the input level.



Here is the final image of the sky, the blue is more vibrant and the contrast between the white colours and the sky stands out more.